To inspire your words and images:
- Show us your day in one photo. Please caption it too.
- What benefits would like to take with you from this current experience?
- Write about a “theme song” or a personal motto that is with you through this--and write about its importance to you.
- Describe something good that happened for you this week.
- During these times, who (living or in memory) has been especially important to you?
- Write about--or photograph--something that currently fascinates you.
- What have you been reading, listening to, or viewing?
- What gets you laughing these days?
- How will we remember this pandemic?
- What is one thing that always cheers you up?
- Take a photo of a source of strength for you.
- In words or images: “This year, I look forward to…”
- Describe sources of your gratefulness--even during these times.
- Tell us in writing--or show us with your imagery--something about the foods and drinks you’ve come to like (or dislike), during these times.
- In words or images, convey your experience of the expression: “This situation is temporary.”
- Write about--or picture--something about your hopes.
- Show us your masks!
- Tell us in words or images about your favorite indoor hobby, and how it makes you feel.
- Send us a picture of your pets/animal friends that are accompanying you through these times.
- What has the pandemic experience been teaching you?
- Send us a list: 7 things you are grateful for.
- Illustrate (with photos, artwork, etc.) or write about something you are waiting for.
- Tell us about how your library plays a role in your self-care during these times.
- Send in a picture, or some words, to cheer your fellow Mainers!
Thank you to Abraham Schechter, Portland Public Library, for sharing these prompts. Join our Facebook group Maine during Covid-19 : Our Communities and Archives for more inspiration!